Toy Magnets Growing Danger to Teens, Tots

Small round magnets marketed as toys pose a growing danger to children to ingest the magnets. The attraction between the magnets can cause massive intestinal damage. Marlene Melzer-Lange, MD, professor of emergency medicine and medical director of emergency services at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, said that the hospital has not treated children who have swallowed magnets, but said the magnets are cause for concern.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/health/toy-magnets-growing-danger-to-teens-tots-b99156971z1-236123301.html

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 17, 2013

Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
414-955-8296
Directions & Maps

Top