Ride for the Arts with the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center on Sunday, June 1!
April 09, 2014 College News - The Milwaukee Regional Medical Center is the Volunteer Sponsor for this year’s UPAF Ride for the Arts, sponsored by Miller Lite. The Ride for the Arts is not only a worthwhile fundraising event; it is also an iconic Milwaukee experience! We are very enthusiastic about getting people motivated to participate through riding or volunteering.
The Ride for the Arts is one of the nation's largest one-day recreational bike rides and offers something for everyone, from families to experienced riders. Totaling more than 275,000 participants since 1981, the UPAF Ride for the Arts has generated more than $8 million for the United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) and the 38 performing arts groups it supports in our region.
The Ride starts and finishes at the Summerfest Grounds and offers a variety of routes, from 5 to 66 miles long. Participants are invited to enjoy the UPAF Finish Line Party at the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage. The party is free, includes live entertainment and refreshments, and is lots of fun for all.
Click here to register for Milwaukee Regional Medical Center’s Ride Team by April 30: www.UPAFRide.org
1. Click the red “Register” button on the homepage.
2. Click “I am an individual signing up as a member of a team.”
3. Next, a dropdown menu will appear. Scroll down and select our team: Milwaukee Regional Medical Center
4. Type in the team password: MRMC2014
5. Click “Continue” to fill out the registration form.
6. Fill in your registration information. Please include your “Business” address and type in which area of MRMC you are affiliated with under “Company” (i.e. Froedtert, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children’s Hospital, Blood Center, Curative, Milwaukee County Behavioral Health)
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, encourage employee unity, and experience the thrill of the Ride without being on a bike. Whether it's serving as route support, helping riders at the Bike Port or providing assistance at the Finish Line Party, there's sure to be an opportunity of interest for you. UPAF offers many group opportunities, allowing volunteers to work with friends, while still getting the chance to meet new people who are passionate about the arts and volunteering.
To view available volunteer opportunities, visit: www.upaf.ivolunteer.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Ride Loaned Executive, Felicity McCollum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MRMC Ride for the Arts flyer with registration instructions (PDF)
MRMC Ride for the Arts list of pledge prizes (PDF)