Dr. Larsen received her BA from Lawrence University and her doctorate from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. She completed her internship at the Wisconsin Psychiatric Institute and Clinics in Madison, and her postdoctoral fellowship at the VA Boston.
Dr. Larsen sees clients at the Department of Psychiatry Clinics at the Tosa Center, as well as at the VA Medical Center. She specializes in posttraumatic stress disorder, the effects of violence, anxiety, and depression.
Dr. Larsen's academic interests include recovery from posttraumatic stress disorder and the effects of physical and sexual violence.
- Larsen, S. E., & Berenbaum, H. (in press, Journal of Clinical Psychology). Substantial symptom changes in naturalistic recovery from aversive events.
- Alisic, E., Zalta, A., van Wesel, F., Larsen, S. E., Hafstad, G., Hassanpour, K., & Smid, G. (2014, British Journal of Psychiatry). PTSD rates in trauma-exposed children and adolescents: A meta-analysis.
- Larsen, S. E., & Berenbaum, H. (2014). The effect of participating in a trauma- and stressful event-focused study. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 70, 333-340.
- Bell, M. E., Larsen, S. E., Goodman, L. A. & Dutton, M. A. (2013). Concordance between victims’ reports and court records of intimate partner violence perpetrators’ criminal case outcomes. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 28, 2966-2977.
- Allen, N. E., Larsen, S. E., Trotter, J., & Sullivan, C. (2013). Exploring the core service delivery processes of an evidence-based community advocacy program for women with abusive partners. Journal of Community Psychology, 40, 1-18.
- Larsen, S. E., & Fitzgerald, L. F. (2011). PTSD symptoms and sexual harassment: The role of attributions and perceived control. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 26, 2555-2567.
- Allen, N. E., Larsen, S. E., Javdani, S., & Lehrner, A. (2010). Council-based approaches to reforming the health care response to domestic violence: Promising findings and cautionary tales. American Journal of Community Psychology, 50, 50-63.
- Allen, N. E., Larsen S. E., & Walden, A. (2010). An overview of community-based services for battered women. In C. Renzetti & J. Edleson (Eds.), Sourcebook on violence against women (pp. 245-265, 2nd edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.