- How do I obtain a username and password?
Type into the address bar of your computer’s browser: http://ebridge.mcw.edu or select the eBridge link from MCW’s intranet site InfoScope.
Select the “Registration” link at the upper right of the screen:
Complete all required fields, indicated by a red asterisk, with your MCW employee information.
Select “Register” to submit the form to the eBridge Help Desk.
Following registration, it takes up to 24 hours for your account to be activated.
The eBridge Help Desk will email you your User ID, and information on how to log in from both the MCW network and from outside the MCW network. Your eBridge password is the same as your MCW network password.
If you forget your MCW network password, call the Help Desk at 414-955-8476. Help Desk assistance with passwords must be conducted by phone and not by email.
- How do I change or reset my password?
Your password is your MCW Network Password. To reset your password, you will need to call the eBridge Help Desk at 414-955-4357. Note that this is the same phone number as the MCW Information Services (IS) Help Desk.
Passwords cannot be reset through email. If no one is available to answer the call, leave a message with your phone number and a technician will return your call.
- What platforms and browsers work with eBridge?
The following information was updated from our vendor, Huron Consulting Group in October, 2013.
To use the eBridgeMCW application reliably, you will need the most current version of your operating system (please apply patches and updates from the vendor at weekly intervals). We recommend Windows XP operating system.
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Server 2008 R2, and Server 2012 (Windows 8.1 not yet supported/validated; Windows Server 2012 R2 not yet supported/validated for purposes of browsing**)
Apple Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 (OS X 10.9 Mavericks not yet supported/validated)
Apple iOS 5, 6, and 7 (iPhone and iPad)
Internet Explorer: versions 8*, 9, and 10 (Internet Explorer 11 not yet supported/validated**)
Firefox: latest version
Chrome***: latest version
Safari: 5 or 6 (Safari 6.1 and 7 not yet supported/validated)
Firefox: latest version
Chrome: latest version
*When using Internet Explorer 8, there are times when Compatibility View mode may give better or worse results. For example, if you see misaligned tabs, turning on Compatibility View mode will usually correct the display. However, Compatibility View mode is not supported when working with Click Grids. Our recommendation is to use Internet Explorer 9 or 10.
**Internet Explorer 11 is not yet supported as we have had little time to test and correct issues. Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 come with Internet Explorer 11 by default. We support Windows Server 2012 R2 as the server OS for a Click Portal server, but we do not yet support Internet Explorer 11 for browsing Click Portal sites. Currently we know that Internet Explorer 11 must be used with Compatibility View turned on in order for the View editor to work. With Compatibility View turned on, Internet Explorer 11 may be usable as browser. We will declare it officially supported when we complete additional testing and release any needed fixes.
***If you install a theme in Chrome, vertical scrollbars might disappear in pop-up windows.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free download at http://www.adobe.com. Click on the Get Adobe Reader icon.
Up-to-date Java client. A free download at http://www.java.com
Up-to-date virus scanner. Ideally, this should be updated on a daily basis.
A fast connection to the internet/Web. Standard modem dial-up connections will not perform at the needed level to attach or review documents. We strongly suggest use of a broadband connection such as a cable modem (i.e., RoadRunner from Time Warner Cable) or a digital subscriber line (DSL) from a telephone company (i.e., SBC).
A word processor such as Microsoft Word or Word Pad will be needed for you to create text and spell check your work before pasting information into the eBridgeMCW application.
WinZip is required for unzipping the printer-friendly, Original Version of your approved study SmartForm. A free trial download at http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
- How do I access eBridge from outside the MCW campus?
To log into your eBridge account from outside the MCW Campus, go to the eBridge site at http://ebridge.mcw.edu and select the Login link from the upper right-hand corner. There are two possible scenarios:
If you are prompted to enter a username and password, use your MCW username and password:
(NOTE: enter mcwcorp\ in front of your username. Make sure to use a \ backslash)
Password: Your MCW Network Password
If you are prompted to enter a username, password, and domain dialog box, enter the following:
Password: Your MCW Network Password
Please contact the eBridge Help Desk if you need assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-955-4357
Ensure you meet the Browser Requirements
If you receive the error message “Internet Explorer cannot display the web page”
Edit the browser security settings:
1. From your browser select Tools > Internet Options
2. Click on the Security tab, then choose 'Custom Level'
3. Scroll all the way down the list of options and check 'User authentication' setting
4. When offsite: select 'Prompt for user name and password'
When onsite: select 'Automatic logon with current user name and password'
Clear the cache
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. From the toolbar at the top right section of your browser screen, select the following: Tools > Internet Options.
2. From the center of the popup box, select ‘Delete’ in the Browsing history section.
3. There are several options with check boxes. Select ‘Temporary Internet files’.
4. After putting a check mark in that box, select ‘Delete’.
5. That popup box closes and the original popup remains. Now select ‘OK’.
6. Close Internet Explorer (clears cookies that are still in memory from your current browsing session)
1. From the toolbar at the top left section of your screen, select the following: Tools > Options.
Versions prior to 5.0
2. Select the Advanced panel.
3. Click on the Network tab.
4. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
5. Click OK to close the Options Window.
Versions 5.0 and later
1. Go to the Firefox dropdown menu at the very upper left corner.
2. Select Options > Options. (2 subsequent choices with the same name)
3. Select the Advanced panel.
4. Click on the Network tab.
5. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
6. Click OK to close the Options Window.
- How long can I expect the approval process to take?
View our MCW Submission Processing Statistics web page for the latest summaries of processing times.
- How can I receive training in eBridge?
Classroom and online training sessions are available for eBridge Users. To register for a classroom session or choose from available online options, please visit eBridge Support. This site is organized into the following eBridge modules: Animal Submissions; Funding Proposals; Human Research Projects, Researcher Profile, and IBC Applications. To view the schedule for all upcoming training classes, please visit Research Systems Training's web page eBridge Training Schedule.
- Are there security concerns?
The Medical College of Wisconsin has certified to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that the institution is compliant with 21 CFR Part 11, Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures.
21 CFR Part 11 (PDF)
In addition, only those who are registered are allowed access to eBridge.
- Whom should I contact with problems or questions?
The eBridge Help Desk provides support for the electronic submission and tracking system. Prior to contacting the eBridge Help Desk, either by phone or email, please have available all information relevant to your issue, including protocol/AUA/funding proposal numbers. In this way the Help Desk may assist you efficiently and correctly. Please note: for new registrations it may take up to 24 hours for an account to be created. In addition, non-MCW employee accounts need to be verified by the Principal Investigator. Please refer to Help Desk Tips below for more information regarding your first contact with the Help Desk.
Report an Issue
Please complete this form to report an eBridge issue.
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Help Desk Tips
To better serve you and to expedite the request process, please have available the following information prior to contacting the Help Desk. You will receive a response to your initial inquiry within four hours (during standard business hours).
SmartForm ID: (What is the ID number?)
- Human Submissions ID (PRO, AME, CPR, RE)
- Animal Submissions ID (AUA, AA, AR)
- Funding Proposal ID (FP, BU)
- IBC Applications ID
Location: (Where are you in eBridge?)
- Section/Page Number
Problem/Guidance: (What were you doing or trying to do?)
- Description of issue
- What you were doing when the issue occurred
- Screen shot of error message, if applicable