July 2013 MCW Libraries Resource of the Month: AccessEmergency Medicine
July 01, 2013 - AccessEmergency Medicine from McGraw-Hill Medical is a complete online service that allows users to quickly search the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of emergency cases.
Physicians and residents will find answers for a broad spectrum of complaints encountered in the Emergency Department, ranging from neurologic and orthopedic emergencies, to poisoning and trauma. A semantically-driven search engine provides quick and targeted treatment information, as well as deeper information such as different presentations, diagnostic tests, procedures, and more.
AccessEmergency Medicine is the only resource where you will find updated Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine chapters from the upcoming 8th edition – not appearing in print or anywhere else until 2015!
More than just a collection of textbooks, AccessEmergency Medicine provides users with an all-around emergency medicine solution including:
- 21 leading emergency medicine books
- 160+ videos demonstrating must-know procedures
- More than 10,000 images for visual diagnosis and confirmation, or for use in presentations
- Integrated drug database including indications, dosages, contraindications, and drug classes, as well as patient education handouts in English and Spanish.
- 3,000+ Q&A for self-assessment and review for clerks clerkship students, residents, and recertifying physicians
For more information, contact the Medical College of Wisconsin Libraries, (414) 955-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.