In addition to holding appointment as Associate Professor of Medicine, Endocrinology, I serve as co-Director of the Diabetes Care Center and Director of Inpatient Diabetes Management Services at Froedtert Hospital.
After getting a Biochemistry degree from University of California at Davis, I received my medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin. I did my Internal Medicine training also at the Medical College of Wisconsin, and my Endocrinology fellowship at the University of California at San Diego.
My clinical interests include diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2, both inpatient and outpatient management.
My research interests are in clinical informatics, particularly as it applies to diabetes mellitus. I am a Co-Director of Biomedical Informatics of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin. I work with the team to transform clinical data into data that can drive new discoveries in medicine.
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 & 2
- Insulin Pump Treatment
- Diabetes Mellitus management in the athlete
- Diabetes Mellitus due to pancreatic disease, such as pancreatic tumors or pancreatitis
Joined Medical College of Wisconsin
- Doctor of Medicine - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1988)
- Internship & Residency in Internal Medicine - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1988-1991)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology - University of California, San Diego Medical Center (1991-1993)
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism