- Why do eBridge email notifications end up in my Outlook junk mail folder?
eBridge is not the cause of an email landing in your Junk Email folder in Outlook. Outlook, as well as MCW IS, apply filters to emails they deem as junk, and this can inadvertently affect legitimate emails, such as eBridge notifications. There is an easy way to resolve this issue by creating a Rule in Outlook. Please select Preventing Junk Mail Errors in Outlook for more on this topic.
- When I receive an eBridge email notification, how do I know who else received that notification?
There is an easy way to find the list of those who receive a copy of an email notification that you receive. Please select Finding the List of Recipients in an eBridge Notification Email to learn more about this topic.
- I am a new faculty member but my name does not appear on the list of PIs to add to a new research project or funding proposal. Why?
Please contact the eBridge Help Desk and request the PI role be added to your account.
- I can't find a person when trying to add her/him to a research project/funding proposal/IBC. Whey
When searching for a name in an eBridge SmartForm, there could be a few reasons you don't find him/her. Below are some common Help Desk tips and solutions.
The person doesn't have an eBridge account.
Ask the Help Desk if that person has an account, and if not, instruct the person to register.
The person has changed his/her name or other account information.
All user account information comes directly from the MCW HR Oracle system. The eBridge Help Desk can't change or update MCW employee information. Please contact MCW HR if your name, department or other account information has changed.
The person doesn't have the correct system role. Ask the person to request the eBridge Help Desk add the to his/her account. Common missing roles may be Proposal Team or Study Staff. If the role is other than those two, such as Budget Specialist, PDA, or PDO, contact your Department Administrator and ask him/her to complete the online form Update Department Approver Roles form.
- I forgot my eBridge password.
The eBridge Help Desk CANNOT reset your password. Contact the MCW Help Desk, (414) 955-4357. Your password can only be reset by phone - not by email.
- I am having trouble completing my eBridge application. How do I get help?
The eBridge Help Desk provides support to all eBridge users. To better serve you and to expedite the request process, the eBridge Team developed a new Service Request Form. The form, live online now, helps you report your issue efficiently so that the Help Desk has the information it needs to understand, research and solve it. You will receive an email when a service ticket number has been assigned and another when the issue is closed.
Anywhere you see the icon below, simply click on it and the form will pop up. Complete it as best you can and select the Submit button. When you receive the email from MCW IS, you know that your issue is actively being looked at. If you have further questions about your issue, please make sure to reference the ticket number from the email.
Report an eBridge Issue
- How do I change my contact information in eBridge (phone #, email, name)?
eBridge is connected to the MCW Oracle system. Contact the MCW HR Service Center, (414) 955-8245 to change any of your personal information. Oracle then sends an update to eBridge.
- I'm having problems logging in from home and when I travel.
Your User ID has two parts:
The first part is MCWcorp\ (The slash is a Backward slash)
The second part is your User ID
Use your MCW email User ID or the ID emailed to you by the eBridge Help Desk
Type in the two parts together as mcwcorp\jdoe
Enter your Password
Suggestions on how to connect when traveling
- Why does my source document text seem to paste correctly into the eBridge SmartForm, but when I go to submit I get errors? Also, sometimes the "View Differences" and "Printer Friendly" versions look different than what I pasted into the SmartForm text box.
While the pasted text in the SmartForm may look okay, when viewing that same text in "View Differences" or "Printer Friendly Version", it may not display correctly. eBridge has two types of text boxes into which you may copy and paste text - 1) Plain Text Box 2) Rich Text Box. If you copy text from your source document and paste directly into one of these text boxes, it is likely that the code from the formatting that was in the source document will corrupt how the text displays in eBridge. Each word processing program has different codes and eBridge can't distinguish all the codes that could be used. For detail instructions, please refer to Reducing display errors when using the Copy and Paste feature in eBridge text boxes.
- When I attach a file in the eBridge SmartForm, I receive the following pop-up security message: "Warning - Security. The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application"?
Always select "Run". If you don't select "Run", do the following:
Exit the SmartForm
Close your Internet browser
Reopen the SmartForm
Attach the document
When the pop-up appears, select "Run"
- How do I clear the cache on my Internet browser, and why should I?
Whether you use Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome, it is important to clean up its page viewing temporary Internet files on a regular basis. Your Internet browser saves information each time you visit a Website. Generally, you want this information saved because it speeds up your page display when you return to a site. But if information on a site has been updated since the last time you visited it, you will want the new information, not the older, stored information.
This is new to many of us, yet very important because this activity affects how a Web page may appear on a computer screen, including information that is entered in any field on a form, including the eBridge forms.
The technical term for this clean up job is ‘clearing the cache’. It is advised that you do this at least weekly. Follow the instructions below. If you are unsure about doing this, ask your department’s desktop support person for help.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. From the toolbar at the top right section of your screen, select the following: Tools > Internet Options.
2. From the center of the popup box, select ‘Delete’ in the Browsing history section.
3. There are several options with check boxes. Select ‘Temporary Internet files’.
4. After putting a check mark in that box, select ‘Delete’.
5. That popup box closes and the original popup remains. Now select ‘OK’.
6. Close Internet Explorer (clears cookies that are still in memory from your current browsing session)
Versions prior to 5.0
1. From the toolbar at the top left section of your screen, select the following: Tools > Options.
2. Select the Advanced panel.
3. Click on the Network tab.
4. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
5. Click OK to close the Options Window.
Versions 5.0 and later
1. Go to the Firefox dropdown menu at the very upper left corner.
2. Select Options > Options. (2 subsequent choices with the same name)
3. Select the Advanced panel.
4. Click on the Network tab.
5. In the Offline Storage section, click Clear Now.
6. Click OK to close the Options Window.
- How do I register for an eBridge account?
Type into the address bar of your computer's browser: http://ebridge.mcw.edu
Select the "Registration" link in the upper right side of the screen.
Complete the registration form.
All fields with a red asterisk are required fields.
Select "Register" to submit the form to the eBridge Help Desk.
It takes up to 24 hours for your account to be activated.
The Help Desk will email you your User ID and Password.
- Registration and Accounts FAQ