Please visit this MCWAH Housing page for several resources to assist you with your move to the Greater Milwaukee area.
Some other resources that might help are:
- Homes for Sale By Housestaff
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Newspaper. Please see their website for information on employment opportunities for spouses, real estate/rental ads, weather, dining, entertainment and news around Wisconsin.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Homes link. We are located in Milwaukee County.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Rental link.
- Some landlords do not advertise and simply post a "FOR RENT" sign. Driving around the area you wish to live in, may also help.
Probably the most frequently asked question by new residents is "In what areas do most residents live?"
An analysis of all residents shows that the majority live in the following areas: Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis, Greenfield, Shorewood; in Milwaukee, on the "East Side" (from Wisconsin Avenue north to the Shorewood border and from the lakefront west to the Milwaukee River), west of 50th Street, and in the neighborhoods of the major hospitals.
Some landlords ask potential tenants to complete an application. Have the following information with you:
- Employment Verification/Address/Phone Number
- Address/Phone Number of Present Landlord
- Bank References, Credit References and Personal References
The following are some money-savers:
Ace World Wide
(1-800-223-6683 ext 2273). They offer a relocation discount to residents. Contact Dorrain Pierce, Medical College Coordinator at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 414-764-1000 Ext. 2273.
(1-800-383-9220; WI 262-650-1962 or Mobile 262-312-4099). They offer a relocation discount to residents. Contact Jared Lemcke (email@example.com).
United Van Lines/Suddath Relocation Systems of Wisconsin
(1-800-388-0282; WI 262-896-0300). They offer a relocation discount to residents. Contact Dave Skokan (262-446-4705) Sales Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Muge Smith (email@example.com). Customer Service (262-446-4712).